Saturday, November 28, 2009

A little late, but the sentiment is the same

Hoping everyone's holiday was peaceful, enjoyable and filled with a lifting of spirits.

Here, we had a beautiful day. I worked Thanksgiving eve, and so my cooking was done after 4:30pm. It was a whirlwind, and not too extravagant, but I was really in the spirit and didn't mind the hastiness of the preparation. I wasn't hosting, so I had no pressure. Just made some traditional things to have here for that holiday feeling. My apple crisp was super easy and turned out really tasty. But, you know, sugar and apples- how can you screw that up anyway?

I am thankful for so much right now. It has been a very trying year around here, and this coming year may be even harder. There are a great many unknowable variables at this point. So this may the first Thanksgiving I have felt so deeply for all the blessings I have had.

I have learned so much this past year. And I am so thankful for it. I am so thankful for the loving family we are surrounded by, and our good health. I am so thankful for my husband, who is a wonderful man and so supportive. I hold strong hope in my heart that the pain we are experiencing as a country will make us stronger, more resolute, and perhaps more mature.

Here's to hoping the Christmas season will keep you and yours well!

No comments:

Post a Comment